Musings, Nits, and Praises: Bathroom Humor: Erudites in the Making

Musings, Nits, and Praises

A farrago of all things deemed blog-worthy by a music-loving, poetry-writing, humor-seeking English teacher


Bathroom Humor: Erudites in the Making

I overhead the following conversation this afternoon in the bathroom between a junior in my English class and a student in another section of English 11.

My student: Hey, did you know George Wilson kills Gatsby?

Other student: Man, don't tell me about the end of the book; we're still reading it!

My student: You're actually reading the book?

Other student: Yeah, it's pretty good.

My student: I've only read the Spark Notes. I've heard it's a good book, though. I just haven't had time to read it.

Other student: Yeah, it's good. The thing I don't like about it though is when he goes into all those details. I wish writers wouldn't go into so much detail. If they just focused on the plot, you know, like sort of a summary, I'd like reading better.


Silly, Fitzgerald.

4 Responses to “Bathroom Humor: Erudites in the Making”

  1. # Blogger Janet @ Simply Pieced

    That's hilarious!!!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Mr. Middlekauff, when you taught a book in class last year, you made the book interesting. You are the best high school English teacher that I ever had.
    David Walker  

  3. # Blogger Janet @ Simply Pieced

    Thanks, David. I'm flattered.

    How have you been doing lately?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I am doing well. I have written more papers this semester at UofM than what you would ever like to think about (try close to 20 papers that are around 5+pages in lenght). Obviously school has been keeping me busy. I am just upset that more people voted for Emperor Willie for mayor than for me. Oh well, I might run for Mike Kernell's Tenessee House of Representatives seat in the next few years instead. Hope school is going well for you as well.

    David Walker  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Musings, Nits, and Praises | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to