Musings, Nits, and Praises: Cringing at the Pump

Musings, Nits, and Praises

A farrago of all things deemed blog-worthy by a music-loving, poetry-writing, humor-seeking English teacher


Cringing at the Pump

I've gotten to where I actually try not to read how much gas costs me when I fuel up the car because knowing what I'm paying only makes me want to cringe, cry, cuss, or do all three.

But it wasn't until I did a little basic number crunching today that the long-term effect of the price increases really hit me. When I bought my car back in May of 2003, I had to pay roughly $20 to fill the tank. When I stopped at the gas station yesterday, I paid $50. So assuming I fill the tank four times a month, that's $120 more per month and $1,440 more per year.

If I could recall what I paid for particular grocery items five years ago (I suppose I could look that up), I'd calculate the difference as well.

0 Responses to “Cringing at the Pump”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Musings, Nits, and Praises | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to