Musings, Nits, and Praises: Spring Break

Musings, Nits, and Praises

A farrago of all things deemed blog-worthy by a music-loving, poetry-writing, humor-seeking English teacher


Spring Break

I've been remiss to post anything this week as Janet and I have been visiting Chris and Catherine Mirante (and kids) in Red Banks, MS. The past two Spring Breaks I helped sponsor school trips--senior class trip to Scotland and England in '04 and 8th grade trip to D.C. in '05. Although I enjoyed those trips, it's nice to reinstate my time-honored March Madness routine:

1) Get out of bed around 10:00
2) Eat breakfast
3) Shower and throw on a T-shirt and shorts (normally I wear a Terps shirt, but it doesn't seem right this year)
4) Grab a sandwich, a Pepsi, and snacks and settle on the couch for five hours of basketball
5) Move around the house or run errands in order to maintain blood flow
6) Eat dinner
7) Return to my couch around 6:30 for another five hours of basketball

I actually have managed to be somewhat productive this week, though. Janet and I may be moving to the Memphis area next year (long story for another blog), so I interviewed at Harding Academy for an opening in their high school English department. Janet has interviewed with one school and has found two others with openings for P.E. If all goes well, we'll know by mid-April whether or not we're moving.

Well, it's just about time for #6 on my list.

God bless.

3 Responses to “Spring Break”

  1. # Blogger Chad Gardner

    Congrats on the job options. We'll keep you in our prayers that everything will work out for the best.

    Of course, it's too late to pray for the Terps. And the Razorbacks for that matter! Ugh!!!  

  2. # Blogger Jason

    Hey, at least the Razorbacks made the NCAA Tourney. I wasn't surprised that the Terps lost today. More often than not teams that wind up on the wrong side of the NCAA bubble don't show any real motivation in the NIT. I haven't checked the Terps' site today, but I'm sure some fans are lambasting the team. Frankly, I don't care. Even if they had won the NIT, it's not like ten years from now fans would be sitting back, saying, "Oh, man, do you remember that awesome run they had when they won the NIT?"

    Thanks for prayers on behalf of our possible move. I'm praying that wherever we'll be the most useful is where we'll wind up.  

  3. # Blogger JAW

    Hey, any update here? Just wondering.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Musings, Nits, and Praises | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to